Test image 4
About: However, compared to the image below, you can't beat an expensive bit of glass.
One single shot through an 85mm f/1.2 prime lens of the center of the galaxy, using an unmodded Canon EOS6D DSLR and a tracking mount (iOptron). Tracking was a little out, but probably reaching the limits of zoom / exposure without a more accurate way of aligning the mount...or more patience.
However, it has just enough zoom to feature the obvious Lagoon and Trifid Nebulas on the right of the image, as well as the more dim nebules (looking red) on the right being the Eagle and the Omega nebulas.
- DATE / TIME: 2015-08-14
- LOCATION: Out of Perth, Western Australia
- SCOPE: Canon 85mm f/1.2 prime lens (@f/2)
- OPTICAL ATTACHMENTS: None
- MOUNT: tracking mount head on standard tripod
- CAMERA: EOS6D unmodded
- EXPOSURE: 1 x shot ISO1600 for 30sec
- PROCESSING: Processed in Photoshop